Website Accessibility Statement
THE ST. GREGORY HOTEL WEBSITE ACCESSIBILITY STATEMENT
Accessibility Statement The St. Gregory Hotel (sometimes hereinafter referred to as “Hotel”, “we”, “us”, or “our”) is dedicated to providing exceptional service to guests of all abilities. We strive to provide online content that provides an excellent user experience for visitors of all abilities, using any type of assistive technology to access the website.
We base our website accessibility standards on the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.1, level A + AA success criteria. In addition, we actively work to maintain, assess and improve the usability and accessibility of our website through training of our personnel, engagement of experts and regular testing of our digital accessibility.
DIGITAL ACCESSIBILITY COMPLIANCE GUIDELINES AND GOALS
We follow the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI) guidelines, which are in line with our philosophy of promoting usability for people of all abilities. In accordance with WCAG 2.1 AA-Level Compliance, our website strives to meet four core principles known by the acronym POUR.
Perceivable. This includes providing alternatives to non-text content and alternatives to time-based media.
Operable. We ensure the website is compatible with users’ browsing methods.
Understandable. Our content and information on all amenities are provided in a clear, concise way that avoids ambiguity.
Robust. A wide range of technologies can be used to access our site content.
CONTINUOUS DIGITAL MONITORING
Our site undergoes real-time monitoring and scans to detect any accessibility errors that may arise due to the addition of updated content or website code. The site is continually evaluated using accessibility monitoring tools and assistive technology.
Our team of accessibility experts manually investigates each error that may appear and applies an appropriate remedy in order to ensure the site’s functionality is available to the most diverse range of users possible. Data results of scans are recorded in long-term logs so that we are able to access a snapshot of the accessibility score of the website at any given time.
WE WELCOME FEEDBACK
If you experience any difficulty accessing or navigating our websites or have any accessibility-related questions or comments, we are listening. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with a description of the issue you encountered and your contact information. Your experience matters to us.
The St. Gregory Hotel website may contain material from social media sites such as Facebook and Youtube, which are used to share additional content about our property, facilities, and services. These third-party sites may have accessibility issues that are beyond our control. We invite you to review further public accessibility information directly from Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram.
ACCESSIBLE FEATURES AND AMENITIES
The St. Gregory Hotel is compliant with the ADA (Department of Justice ADA Title III Regulation 28 CFR Part 36, 1991). We welcome guests of all abilities. Our property descriptions aim to allow any visitor to make an informed decision on whether the hotel is an appropriate choice for their needs.
ST. GREGORY HOTEL ON-SITE FACILITIES
- Accessible parking stalls available with room for vans with ramps
- Garage height is 6 feet
- The hotel is non-smoking
- Main entrance is wide enough for wheelchairs and 360 degree turns
- Elevators have access to each floor
- There is an accessible washroom on the first floor
- Large doorways and ample space for wheelchair to easily move about
- Rooms can be adjoining for caregivers
- Telephones are located next to the bed and reachable
- Accessible rooms have roll-in showers in the bathroom
- Showers have seats
- Shower heads are reachable and can be hand-held
- Showers have non-slip surfaces
- There are grab bars in the showers and next to the toilets
- Bathroom sinks are lowered with ability to fit a wheelchair underneath
- Visual, flashing fire alarms are equipped in accessible rooms in case of fire
- In-room telephones have audible signals to indicate messages
- There is a bed shaker attachment for the fire alarm and alarm clock
- ADA kits are available