1. Eligibility: The Washington D.C. Getaway Experience (“Giveaway”) is open only to those who abide by these terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) and who sign up for The St. Gregory Hotel email newsletter. The Giveaway is only open to legal residents of the United States of America and is void where prohibited by law. Must be 18 or older to enter. Employees of Hersha Hospitality (the “Sponsor”) their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate in the Giveaway. The Washington D.C. Getaway Experience Giveaway is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, you agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements set forth herein. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of Hersha Hospitality, as final and binding as it relates to the content. The Washington D.C. Getaway Experience Giveaway is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
3. Giveaway Period: Eligible applicants must enter the Giveaway starting at 12:00 am EST August 30, 2021 and ending at 11:59 pm EST October 31, 2021.
4. How to Enter: The Giveaway must be entered by signing up for The St. Gregory Hotel email newsletter. No purchase or payment is necessary to enter. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Hersha Hospitality.
5. Prizes: The lucky winner of the contest will receive a two-night stay in a luxury Executive Suite at The St. Gregory Hotel for themselves and one guest. The dates of their stay must take place before March 31, 2022 (blackout dates apply). The winner will also receive a $150 food and beverage credit to experience St. Gregory Kitchen + Bar throughout their stay, a three-hour evening sedan tour of the city, and complimentary parking. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by the Sponsor. No cash or other prize substitution permitted except at Sponsor’s discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes shall be the sole responsibility of the winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by winners is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Hersha Hospitality to use winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner selection and notification: The winner of the Giveaway will be selected in a random drawing under the supervision of the Sponsor. A winner will be announced on November 5, 2021. The winner will be notified via the email address they use to sign up for The St. Gregory Hotel email newsletter. Hersha Hospitality shall have no liability for a winners’ failure to receive notices due to winners’ spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for winners’ provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If the selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 15 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and releases as required, prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected. The receipt by winner of the prize offered in this Giveaway is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal and state laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY ANY WINNER (AT SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE GIVEAWAY AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by you: By entering this content you understand that Hersha Hospitality, anyone acting on behalf of Hersha Hospitality, or its respective licensees, successors and assigns will have the right, where permitted by law, without any further notice, review or consent to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter discovered in perpetuity and throughout the World, your entry, including, without limitation, the entry and winner’s name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image or statements about the Giveaway, and biographical information as news, publicity or information and for trade, advertising, public relations and promotional purposes without any further compensation.
9. Terms: Hersha Hospitality reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Giveaway should (in its sole discretion) a virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Giveaway. In such case, Hersha Hospitality may select the recipients from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Hersha Hospitality. Hersha Hospitality reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Giveaway or website or violates these Terms and Conditions. Hersha Hospitality has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Giveaway, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to; multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Giveaway rules; or the use of bots, macros or scripts or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Giveaway may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Hersha Hospitality reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering you agree to release and hold harmless Hersha Hospitality and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from (i) such entrant’s participation in the Giveaway and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof, (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Giveaway; (v) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Giveaway or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS GIVEAWAY IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE USA AND PENNSYLVANIA, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Giveaway, participant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Giveaway, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Pennsylvania having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Giveaway), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the winners’ names or a copy of these Terms and Conditions, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Hersha Hospitality 510 Walnut Street 9th Floor, Philadelphia PA 19106. Requests must be received no later than August 31, 2021.
14. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Giveaway is Hersha Hospitality 510 Walnut Street 9th Floor, Philadelphia PA 19106.